Our hormones impact and regulate the processes that seem to be taken for granted: sleep, growth, metabolism, appetite, mood, libido, etc. As a person ages, the balance of hormones changes. Menopause (in women) and andropause (in men) – a natural process accompanied by significant changes – is an example of this process. However, this is not the only aspect – care of hormonal balance should be a life-long practice as a part of the Anti-Aging plan.
You need a consultation of an endocrinologist:
- If your family member has had diabetes or other endocrine diseases,
- If you are planning a pregnancy,
- If you have the following complaints:
- Changes in body weight,
- Thirst and frequent urination (especially at night),
- Weakness, fatigue,
- Palpitations, excitability,
- Inflammatory skin diseases and poorly healing wounds,
- Fungal diseases that are hard to treat,
- Skin pigmentation disorders,
- Increased hair growth or hair loss,
- Purple or violet stretch marks on the belly, hips, shoulders,
- Changes in the shape of the neck.
The most common health issues solved by a complex solution including endocrinology:
- Menopause, andropause,
- Diabetes mellitus,
Endocrinology specialists of Anti-Aging Institute provide the opportunity to monitor and control hormonal balance and prepare for age-related hormonal change process.
- Ultrasound of the thyroid gland,
- Identification of blood trace element level,
- Identification of blood hormone level,
- Identification of urine iodine.
Before consulting an endocrinologist, you should pay attention to:
- Past diseases (including infections), surgeries and injuries,
- Cases of severe diseases in the family,
- Characteristic of lifestyle and nutrition.