"Anti-Aging Institute" provides an opportunity to identify class IgG antibodies to SARS-CoV-2. In the event of Covid-19 infection, the body develops class IgG antibodies relatively early and their presence can be detected for the longest period of time. Therefore, the test for this antibody is considered to be a reliable element of having had a Covid-19 infection.
The importance of the test:
- Covid-19 can be symptom-free(1).
- If the body has encountered a virus, it can develop antibodies over time, even if the disease was symptom-free(2).
- SARS-CoV-2 IgG test identifies the antibodies developed in the body of an infected person(3).
- The identification of antibodies helps finding out whether the particular person has been in contact with Covid19(3).
Presence of various biomarkers depending on infection phase
Procedure of the test
- Arrive at the centre to perform IgG antibody test, observe the precautions established by the medical institution.
- Customer's blood sample will be taken in order to perform the test.
- You will receive the test result on the next business day on www.datamed.lv platform (access by using the Internet banking service authorisation, or by receiving a link and code to your telephone).
You can make IgG antibody test at the following branches of Veselības centrs 4:
- 117 Barona Street, Riga,
- 180 Brīvības Street, Riga,
- Anti-Aging Institute, 18 Baznīcas Street, Riga,
- 5 Atpūtas Street, Valdlauči, Ķekava Parish
IgG class antibody test is a valuable diagnostic component, but it may not be used alone to confirm a history of Covid-19 infection. To establish a reliable diagnosis of the infection, a consultation of a physician is required, who will perform clinical evaluation of the patient and, if required, refer the patient for further examinations.
(1) World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/news-room/commentaries/detail/immunity-passports-in…, Accessed on 8th May, 2020
(2) Abbott ARCHITECT SARS-CoV-2 IgG Instructions for Use. H07891R02. April 2020
(3) ARCHITECT Systems Operations Manual. 96211-118